Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Creation

A thought occurred to me as I was sitting in front of some blank canvas this afternoon. My paints were out. My water cup was full. And I was motionless. Stuck.

The canvas was white. Stark and cold. (I swear it grew eyeballs and glared at me.)

WHY am I trying to force this thing which is supposed to be natural?

I found a wonderful verse from the Tao-te Ching which was incredibly touching. Maybe it can help some other artists out there who, like myself, are feeling a bit uninspired or lost.

"He whom life fulfills is as though he remains a child. He doesn't think about his actions. They flow from the core of his being."

I think I'm going to go channel some of my inner Buddha now. We'll see what happens!

~Angel, TerraScents.ArtFire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment